Canvas: Aggregated Calendars
Aggregated Canvas calendars are available to class-level teams of teachers, e.g. HS Freshman teachers. The calendars show all assignments in core classes for a particular grade level, making it easy for teachers to schedule assignments around other classes.
Accessing a calendar
Calendars are available in a dynamically updated ICS file. Any calendar program that takes this type of feed may be used to view the calendars, such as iCalendar, Google Calendar, and many others. The file is updated from Canvas data once per minute, however your calendar application may update on a longer interval. The feed URLs are available in the Calendar Feeds section. NOTE: when adding a calendar, do not download the ICS file and import it into your calendar software. If you do so, the calendar will not dynamically update. You must use the feed URL.
Instructions are written for the non-mobile version of Google Calendar.
Note that Google updates calendar feeds every 12 hours, so it may take up to 12 hours for changes to appear.
- Open and log into Google Calendar (https://calendar.google.com). You probably want to do this from your Voyager account.
- In the left-hand sidebar, click the down arrow to the right of "Other calendars".
- From the submenu, choose "Add by URL".
- Copy the appropriate URL from the Calendar Feeds section of this document.
- Paste the URL into the dialog box in Google Calendar, then click "Add Calendar".
- The calendar will appear under "Other calendars". You can toggle the calendar on and off by clicking the box to the left of its name.
Staff Google login is required.
If you do not see the document below, click the direct link and sign in.